Translate

CONTACT US...


Phone
1-918-760-1575

email mspeermorgan@netscape.net



Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The reason for no recent postings.......

You may have noticed that I have been somewhat AWOL recently from posting news on what's going on photographically. Just to let the cat out of the bag so to speak, my past self abuse and knee jealousy has caught up with me. About 7 years  ago I had my left knee replaced due to several "stumbles" and too many years playing raquetball. It just got too painful to operate correctly so I did the ol' switcheroo and had an artificial one put in. As the years have past and the combination of heavy yard work and making new photographic environments in the yard my right knee started to act up. In addition to that I started to get a sharp pain that is beyond description in my left thigh that just came from seemingly nowhere.

To make a long novel shorter, I'll just say that I am recovering from right knee replacement and I have a disk in my back that will soon start receiving steroid shots until it settles down. The disk is where my thigh pain is coming from. It comes and goes and sometimes signals that there is going to be the feeling that someone is jabbing a long knife into my thigh and twisting it just to keep me on my toes. When I get this feeling I try to micro move my foot until I can feel as though there is no "trigger" for the pain and can get up. Sometimes that works, most of the time it doesn't. We were out grabbing a quick burger at a diner last week and I couldn't find the "sweet spot" and just stood up. I think that all of the other patrons of the establishment thought I was dying, having a heart attack, or had nailed my foot to the floor. Their eyes were on me and saucer size with expressions of Holy ___
what's wrong with him. I did wail a bit.....

The knee is getting along really well and the first shot to the back is next week.....if that works start looking for some new imagery. Thanks for hanging in the with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment